We are now accepting applications for volunteers in our Parent/Child Centre!
Our Parent/Child Centre volunteer opportunities are generally one half day a week during the school year, either a morning (9 am-noon) or an afternoon (1 pm-3:30), while the parents attend school and programming on site.
Want to know more?
Prior experience with and a high level of comfort with holding and caring for infants from a few days old to approximately 15 months of age is required for this volunteer placement.
Helping out in the Parent/Child Centre can be quite physically demanding, so volunteers must have:
strength (our babies range from newborn to 35 lbs)
the ability to get down on and up from the floor
a very good sense of balance
Requirements for our volunteers and staff who work with the babies:
- Over 19 years of age, with prior experience with infants (newborn to 15 months of age)
- Physically fit, with the strength, balance and endurance to lift and carry babies up to 35 pounds for extended periods of time
- Child Abuse Registry Check (current within the previous three months - we can submit on your behalf with your consent)
- Criminal Record – Vulnerable Sector – Check (volunteer supplied; current within previous three months of application)
- First Aid/CPR Level C
- Two personal references
- Proof of Rubella immunity, if you were born after 1970
- Proof of minimum 2 Covid-19 vaccines
- Masks are required to be worn by the staff and volunteers who work in close proximity with the babies
If you feel like you would be a good fit, and would like to know more, please email our Coordinator of Volunteers: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Most programs run September through June. All positions require a Child Abuse Registry check and Criminal Record search.
Volunteer opportunities that may be available include:
Volunteer teaches crocheting and/or knitting on a one-to-one basis or with a small group after school or evenings.
2. Yoga Instructor
Volunteer provides pre-natal and post-natal yoga instruction to residents on a regular basis. Proof of Emergency First Aid with Level "C" CPR certification is required.